Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Collection Day"

Four years ago, on an election day similar to this, Park was just weeks away from being conceived. Perhaps this accounts for his vast array of political interest at the tender age of three.

Needless to say, he was ecstatic to get to vote with me today.

But, his bubble was burst a bit when we walked into the designated elementary school where our ballot would be cast.

"Where are they?" he asked.

"Who, baby?" I inquired.

"Is that one of them?" he asked loudly, while pointing wildly at an older gentleman.

"Who?" I repeated, quite confused.

"John McCain and Barack Obama!" he exclaimed.

Poor little man was so excited to go vote because he thought we would be meeting the presidential candidates. After stifling my laughter I explained that they were not here, to which he disgustedly responded, "Well, how are we supposed to vote for them if they don't even show up on collection (AKA, Election) day?!"

But, his disappointment was short lived after I let him push the "Cast Vote" button. One look at the American flag waving on the computer screen and he cheered, "We won! We won! I voted all by myself and we won, Mommy!

Apparently, one vote really does make all the difference.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great post. Really, what a sweet and delightful thing to share. Yours was the last post I read on my feeds before going to bed and I must say the best was saved for last. It brought a smile to my face and into my heart. What a sweetie you have there. Don't you just LOVE children???

Kelly said...

What a sweet post. So fun to see life through the eyes of a 3 year old, isn't it? :-)

Heather said...

I let my little one press that buttin, too- precious!

Jackie said...

Smart little man! I love how realistic they are...puts things in a whole new perspective. :)

I found you over at Kelly's prayer blog, and you caught my eye since you are praying for your 2nd baby too. I have one daughter who is almost 3 and we've been dealing with secondary infertility for a year and a half. I will definitely keep you in my prayers!