Thursday, April 24, 2008

Part 2 Adventures

...Continued as promised....

So we arrived at Lolli and Pops' house just in time to for the Village Creek Festival that takes place here each year. And as an added bonus, Challi, Rob, and their boys made the trip as well to complete the impromptu family gathering. Can I just say that there is nothing that makes Lolli happier than having all her ducks (and baby chicks) in one place? Even if they spread their feathers all over her normally clean household.

Since shopping together in Dallas, this was my first time to see all the new remodeling that has taken place and to have a chance to see the fruition of our massive fabric hunt. I must say it is coming along quite nicely. And judging from some of the accessorizing that took place behind my back, I might be consulting them for future decorating choices. Who knew there was such a design diva hiding in Lolli's little 5 ft body? This bathroom turned out to be one of my favorite things hands down:



But, these counter tops and back splash take a close second:


And for his part, Pops' did his best not to cringe when Park and Krew threw footballs at a recently purchased lamp and wiped blueberry stained hands on brand new furniture. Who knew there was such a pushover hiding in Pops' 6ft 2 body?

As for the festival, complete with a parade, I'm not sure if Park could have enjoyed himself any more. Unfortunately, not everybody shared in the enthusiasm. The first ride of the night was the flying elephant and poor Krew may never feel the same about dumbo again after crying so hard they shut the ride down early out of mercy.
Park was undaunted by Krew's terror. In fact, the elephant experience only fed his desire to ride everything from the tiny roller coaster to the hobby horses. But I had to draw the line when he tried to bypass the height requirement and break in line for the Zipper.




The two cousins found common ground once again when Park and Krew both fell in love with the large slide. However, I'm not sure either of the boys had as much fun on it as Pops did.



Chris and I even took turns taking Park down just to get in on the action. Now,I've always considered myself an amusement park junkie, but apparently I'm losing touch in my old age. The festival slide was so fast that my heart took residence in my throat and I had to will myself not to faint halfway down. I envisioned the paramedics wheeling me out on a stretcher as Chris explained to Park why we shouldn't be so excited to ride in an ambulance.

Not a pretty picture.

But, all in all, this week with grandparents is shaping up to be full of magical memories (and broken lamps.)

11 comments:

Deidre said...

Oh, such a neat post. I love the pictures and yes, she is a decorator. I love it!

And the giant slide would be a big hit with all of us. We have one at our VBS Family night and we can't stay off of it.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That looks like such fun!

Anonymous said...

Did they use wallpaper on the bathroom walls or is it faux finished? Love how it turned out either way!

Autumn said...

I miss you :(

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

It is paint. It is hard to see in the picture, but the texture is so awesome! They hired a very talented woman to do it and she used some sort of stone washed finish.

raenette said...

It looks like ya'll had a blast back in L-town. Those boys are just too cute and the decorating wow looks great!

Kelli said...

That bathroom looks gorgeous!! :) It looks like ya'll are having a blast!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wow. Great bathroom and I love all the pictures.

Liz*** said...

The good old Village Creek Festival! Good times. Love the house.

Anonymous said...

Honestly I was so "in love" with the phrase "Lolli and Pops" I couldn't focus on the rest of your post! But I did love the pictures, and Lolli, and pops....

:)

David said...

I left a plan on Sunni's blog. She is going to make her dip and we are going to sneak it into Baby Mama and all see it together! She hasn't commented yet, but I say we MAKE her!:) (Love you Sunni!) Oh, and mom and dad's house looks fabulous!
Love you!
Keri